Friday, July 13, 2007

How do I upload & download files using WCF?

I'm looking for the best way to accomplish these tasks. What follows is the best information that I've found. I will periodically update this post as I discover more information.

Examples:

WCF gotchas:
  • Don't forget to set the maxReceivedMessageSize attribute of your binding to something fairly high if you are sending large files.

IIS gotchas:
  • Increase the maxRequestLength, which represents maximum length in kilobytes, in the System.Web section of my web.config file in order to upload large files to your server (i.e., < maxrequestlength="65536"> ). Remember that the reason maxRequestLength in the System.Web section was set so low was to decrease your vulnerability to denial-of-service attacks.


Articles worth reading:

No comments: